** Attention Mac OS/X Beta Testers **
We have put together a Mac OS/X Agent and Wizard for Nagios XI to allow easy monitoring of Mac OS/X Servers and workstations along with some documentation to put it all together.
Installing the Nagios XI Mac OSX Agent
Monitoring OSX with Nagios XI
Please take these for a test drive and let us know how we can improve them.
Nagios Remote Data Sender, or NRDS is a component installed on a Nagios XI server that allows the administrator to create and manage configurations and plugins to be deployed with a passive agent that can be installed on a variety of operating systems. The passive agents downloads the current configuration and the required plugin from the Nagios XI server and run the checks and posting the results to the XI server.
Passive Monitoring with NRDS – Documentation
Nagios Remote Data Sender (NRDS) – Component Download
The Nagios CCM (Core Configuration Manager) is a new configuration front-end for managing Nagios XI object configurations. Nagios XI currently uses a modified version of the NagiosQL project for it’s configuration management, but back on 2009 we decided it would ultimately be easier for us to maintain and update the CCM if we built our own front-end onto the existing backend. The Nagios CCM project is still based on the NagiosQL database structure, but the front-end has been completely rewritten to allow for easier changes and additions, as well as a list of several new features.
- The ability to test host and service checks directly from the web interface
- Plugin documentation can be viewed from the web interface
- Search filters built into every page
- Improved pagination
- Group relationships can be see from both group->object and object->group directions.
- Improved user feedback from the database and it’s relationships
- Ability to modify host/service configurations in bulk
- Ability to maintain static configuration files directly from the web interface
- Bulk activation/deactivation of configurations
Currently the Nagios CCM installs as a Nagios XI component, and it awaiting community beta testing in order for it move into production. We’re currently looking for users to beta test the new CCM, so if you’re interested in helping test this out, go ahead and comment to this post. See the screenshots below for a preview!