Nagios Mobile is a lightweight web interface, based on the Teeny Nagios project by Hirose Masaaki. Nagios Mobile is a PHP web-based application designed for Mobile and touch-screen devices.
– User-level authorization for hosts, services, and commands that match Nagios Core.
– Filtered lists to quickly identify and respond to unhandled problems
– Acknowledge problems, Disable/Enable Notifications, or Schedule Downtime for authorized hosts and services
– Works with any Nagios 3.x installation
– Support for APC data caching for faster page loads
– Support for both webkit and non-webkit enabled devices
My favorite kinds of development projects always end up being on the front-end, and I certainly can’t claim much on the interface design for this project, as that goes to community member Hirose Masaaki using the JQuery Mobile framework. We loved the front-end design that he came up with for the Teeny Nagios project, so we did some revisions to the server-side code underneath to allow for host and service filtering by state, more complex permissions, data caching, and improved scalability for larger installations. We also added some code to allow Nagios Mobile to work from essentially any mobile browser.