The JSON CGIs, from the JSON branch of core, have been officially released with Nagios Core 4.0.7!
The original design goals were:
- To provide all information available in current CGIs in JSON format.
- Place the presentation responsibility on the client to minimize network traffic and server load.
- Perform operations on the server side that are significantly more easily done there.
- Spark community developers to create new Nagios Core UI’s from the easy to work with JSON from the CGIs.
The three new CGIs are:
- objectjson.cgi (object configuration)
- statusjson.cgi (status information)
- archivejson.cgi (historical logs)
Additionally, a new web app is included – jsonquery.html & jsonquery.js. This is a small UI for crafting GET requests, it can be used to trial specific parameters for GET requests, or to just explore the api. It is also the easiest way to get acquainted with the new CGIs.